Centipedes class is one of our two Year 1 classes, where our children are in their first year of Key Stage 1. During Year one, we aim to support the development of independence both academically and personally. Children work hard during their transition into year one and they will become much more fluent in their reading, writing and known facts related to number. These are the building blocks for future learning and we value the support of parents to help develop fluency in reading and number bonds. We have high expectations of our children but we also have large amounts of fun along the way!
On this page you will find lots of useful information about what we are up to in class, as well as how children's learning can be supported at home, both from a parent's perspective, as well as how children can learn independently at home in their spare time. We hope you find it useful.
Miss Jessica Allan
Mrs Lucy Offland
|Termly topic:||PE this half term:||Important dates:|
|Once Upon A Time||
Net and Wall Games
- Children will receive new spellings to practise every day at home on a Friday.
- Phoneme mats have been sent home to support the 'Letters and Sounds' phonetic learning the children will receive at school.
- Children should aim to read 10 minutes every evening at home and this should be recorded in their individual reading diaries.
- This half termly focus in Maths is recalling the number bonds within 20 as known facts. It would greatly improve the children's recall if they can practice these at home also.
- Children's work and important class announcements will be uploaded onto the seesaw platform. All children have received individual invitations for family members to join.
- Book change occurs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The reading records are also checked on these days. If you have a question or concern and can't see a teacher personally, then these can be written in the diary.